This millennial chick is missing the tunes from when she was in middle school (and high school). I have a lot of these songs on my random playlists and often wish I could hear them more on the radio, but alas, I only spend a few minutes in the car anyway.
And my husband doesn’t let me control our Google Home unless I let him play his music also–and I hate his music, so I rarely agree to that deal. ha
But I can still play them in my head or before everyone wakes up on Saturday mornings, and these are songs I’m not embarrassed to sing in the shadow or even under my breath while I wait for the train. Yes, stranger downtown, that is me singing.
The songs on this playlist are ranked in no particular order, other than the order in which they popped into my head. I think they’re a good blend of upbeat and easy listening, but you be the judge!
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
- Why Can’t I by Liz Phair
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- Bitch by Meredith Brooks
- Get Out by JoJo
- Straight Up by Paula Abdul
- Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood
- Tide is High by Atomic Kitten
- The Way You Love Me by Faith Hill
- Ironic by Alanis Morissette
- Ultimate by Lindsay Lohan
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman! by Shania Twain
- You Were Meant for Me by Jewel
- Holy Ground by Taylor Swift
- Rabiosa by Shakira
- What I Like About You by the Romantics
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
- All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey
- Irresistible by Jessica Simpson
- Come on Over by Christina Aguilera
- Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow
- Wannabe by the Spice Girls
- Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift
Yes, some of these aren’t ‘real’ music in that they aren’t deep or make you question the meaning of life the way Queen or Nirvana do, but that’s the point. The candyish feel of this music is refreshing. I’m already too trapped in my own head too much. Sometimes I need these to lift my mood or spark an adrenaline rush. I hope it does the same for you!
Next month I’ll post This Playlist Will Make You Fall in Love with Country Boys.